Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Machine in the house

I was dumbstruck when I read a fellow T1D Mom's blog and she could not believe that the general public didn't know about keytone meters.  I had no idea what there was such a machine!  Well apparently I am not the only one and now that I did know I was all over the idea.  I did a little research and found that that are so much better than using urine strips, makes sense to me why the strips aren't as good as blood.  You can detect keytones 2-4 hours earlier than with the strips, and take preventative measures that could possibly result in one less visit to the hospital emergency room.  Hell yes I love this thing!!  So when we were out today at the drug store we found them and snatched it right up!  Strips are more expensive (10 strips for $19.99) than urine but so worth it.  The machine we got actually can be used as a blood test kit as well if you get the blood strips for glucose testing.  Anyways here's the new machine :)

No comments: